This is the delivered,
daily, devotional from the first day of the Feast of Trumpets,
It reads as follows:
1. Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in; behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
2. But who may abide the day of his coming? And who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refinerís fire, and like fullerís soap.
3. And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
4. Then shall the offering of
5. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
6. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
7. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return? 8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The 10th verse is the only time in the scripture
the Lord says, "Prove me now herewith".
The 10th verse is the only time in the scripture the Lord says, "Prove me now herewith".
It sure was an interesting start to The Lordís Feast of Trumpets. The second day of the Feast of Trumpets the Word of the Lord was fitting as well and precisely for us.
2 Timothy 31-5
1. But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
2. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy.
3. unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
4. traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5. having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
The Lord was using His trumpet to tell us that His Kingdom is at hand. Place our faith and trust in him, Psalm 118:8, the exact center of His Word http://www.yosoy.com/New%20Data/Fun%20&%20Photo/the%20centre%20of%20the%20bible.pps), , not in the princes of this world. For that day, on the Feast of Trumpets 2008, 29 September, the Lord shook the earth with its largest loss of human treasure in recorded history. Greater than all of the treasures of mankind in the previous 6000 years. We were the Witnesses!
His treasure is given freely to us, by His Spirit. The treasure is His Son. How fitting this verse is for His servants as they watched for His return, Feast of Trumpets, 2008. The Lord signed the market drop on that day with His signature 777.7
The Lord is our buckler as King David wrote and will remember us. I am grateful to share it with you my friends, brothers sisters, and family. Blessings of the Lord be to all of you on our day of Thanksgiving unto the Lord.